Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Preventing the user from switching tabs mid-process
Preventing the user from switching tabs mid-process [message #231363] Mon, 16 April 2007 14:07 Go to next message
rizados
Please bear with me a moment, I've inherited code that seems to be a touch buggy.

I discovered the hard way when testing that the code I am working with will commit whatever's in the original tab when you switch to a new tab. It's not what the user is supposed to do, but in the name of "stupid user things that you do when you're not following the directions", the tester veered off the main tab momentarily, and it saved things, just not complete things.

The main problem with this is that the user should very specifically be pushing a button that will verify that all mandatory fields are filled in before committing and allowing you to hit the summary tab. Once the user commits the information, it doesn't show up on the maintenance tab ever again, so they cannot make changes to it once it's If the person is midway through filling out the form when they switch tabs, it seems to commit the form, thereby removing it from the maintenance tab before it's ready.

So how do I either A) prevent them from switching tabs before it's been submitted via the button, or B) prevent it from committing when it switches tabs, and yet still hold on to the values already entered? WHEN_TAB_PAGE_CHANGED means it already would have changed and committed before I went back, but I'm not sure if I can block the tab change with a PRE_COMMIT or not.

Sorry if this seems like an easy question, but I'm still relatively new to the Forms thing.

Cyd
Re: Preventing the user from switching tabs mid-process [message #232276 is a reply to message #231363] Fri, 20 April 2007 00:20 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please post the code that you currently have in When-Tab-Page-Changed trigger. Basically, you can find out the name of the first tab, you can find out the name of the tab to which the user is trying to navigate, test the connects of the tab on which you are and if all the fieldsa have been entered or the status of the block is correct then don't fail the trigger, if the block status is not correct then do a 'raise form_trigger_failure' and the user will not be able to move to the other tab. You could even pop an alert telling them to press the 'save' button.

David
Previous Topic: how to implement “OCIPasswordChange() ” in forms?
Next Topic: How can i create LOV
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 18:15:17 CDT 2024