Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms Installation Query
Forms Installation Query [message #219058] Mon, 12 February 2007 14:06 Go to next message
Aarthi
Hi,

I am having some issue in my Forms.I installed forms 6i from the oracle website.It was a zip file and I downloaded it and installed in my computer,the installation process was successful.I opened the form, and when I tried to enter the database name I am getting an error ORA-12154:TNS could not resolve the service name.I tried all the method which was mentioned in this forum, by checking the environment variables,tnsnames.ora etc.I even googled and tried various method mentioned but I am not able to rectify the problem. Please could any solve my issues.

Thank you
Regards
Aarthi

Re: Forms Installation Query [message #219133 is a reply to message #219058] Tue, 13 February 2007 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Where is the database? Is it on your computer or somewhere on the network?

If it is on your computer, go to database\network\admin directory and copy TNSNAMES.ORA and SQLNET.ORA to developer\network\admin directory and try again.

If not, say so and we'll see.
Re: Forms Installation Query [message #219194 is a reply to message #219058] Tue, 13 February 2007 09:39 Go to previous message
Aarthi
Hi,

Thank you for sending me the answers for solving it, but it never worked out when I tried it, I did another method.
I went to

Start->all programs->Oracle for windows NT -OraForms-> Oracle Net8 EasyConfig

I added my database name , and then I tested it and tried to connect the form builder, I was able to connect it.

Thank You
Regards
Aarthi
Previous Topic: Problem in insert data / trigger (merged)
Next Topic: Usage of Reports/Forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:38:40 CDT 2024