Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » workaround for locking due to multiple user
workaround for locking due to multiple user [message #217798] Mon, 05 February 2007 10:14 Go to next message
yogen
Hi All,

We are currently facing a problem that there are multiple users who are updating same table through same oracle form (on diffrent work stations).

Is it possible to give a friendly message to the user if the record is already locked by another user?
e.g. if i use when-new-record-instance trigger and some how check in database current status of the new reocrd (locked /unlocked) and if unlocked put an error message.?

but i am not sure how do i check for the current record's status?
please help me.
Many thanks in advance,
yogendra.
Re: workaround for locking due to multiple user [message #217967 is a reply to message #217798] Tue, 06 February 2007 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What message are you getting currently?

David
Re: workaround for locking due to multiple user [message #218045 is a reply to message #217967] Tue, 06 February 2007 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yogen
"Could not reserve record (2 tries), keep trying?”

this is the message user is getting when he presses save button after changing the existing record.
but i want to capture record locking status once user navigates to the record.
thanks for your interest.

Re: workaround for locking due to multiple user [message #218104 is a reply to message #218045] Tue, 06 February 2007 18:49 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I suggest looking at the 'Locking Mode' and using the 'Immediate' setting.

David
Previous Topic: Oracle and MSSQL
Next Topic: WEb Enable Application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:38:53 CDT 2024