Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to write some thing in Forms MDI Window Status Bar
How to write some thing in Forms MDI Window Status Bar [message #213347] Wed, 10 January 2007 07:04 Go to next message
jawwikhan
Hi,
I want to display time or some other information in MDI window Status Bar where Normally Record:1/1 displayed in one block.

Is it possible through oracle forms.

Please help me in this respect.

Thanks
Re: How to write some thing in Forms MDI Window Status Bar [message #213461 is a reply to message #213347] Wed, 10 January 2007 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'MDI' or 'status bar' to see the questions that other participants have asked about this structure. You should also read the section of the reference manual about 'mdi'.

But basically I believe the answer is 'no'. What you see is the maximum you can get.

David

[Updated on: Wed, 10 January 2007 23:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to write some thing in Forms MDI Window Status Bar [message #213475 is a reply to message #213461] Wed, 10 January 2007 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jawwikhan
Hi,

I too believe that was not possible but when i saw bottom_title (Editor property) in forms help it lighten the hope what is it and how we can use it in set_window_property built in.

Thanks for reply
Re: How to write some thing in Forms MDI Window Status Bar [message #213478 is a reply to message #213475] Wed, 10 January 2007 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
However, you may change forms' "title bar" (the one on the top), if this satisfies you. Something like this:

WHEN-WINDOW-ACTIVATED trigger:
Set_Window_Property(forms_mdi_window,TITLE,'Program:  '||
                                             get_application_property(current_form_name)||
                                             '          '||
                                             'User:  '||
                                             get_application_property(username)||'    '||
                                             to_char(sysdate,'dd.mm.yyyy'));
Re: How to write some thing in Forms MDI Window Status Bar [message #213481 is a reply to message #213475] Wed, 10 January 2007 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Is that a 10g option?

David
Re: How to write some thing in Forms MDI Window Status Bar [message #213513 is a reply to message #213481] Thu, 11 January 2007 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
We use it on 10g, yes. I don't have any previous version to check whether it would work on 9i or 6i.
Re: How to write some thing in Forms MDI Window Status Bar [message #213675 is a reply to message #213513] Thu, 11 January 2007 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
'Bottom_title' is not in the reference manual of 6i or 9i.

David
Re: How to write some thing in Forms MDI Window Status Bar [message #213983 is a reply to message #213675] Sat, 13 January 2007 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jawwikhan
Thanks for reply.

I found these from the oracle forms 6i help by writing bottom title in the search box.

Bottom Title (Editor) property
Description

Specifies a title of up to 72 characters to appear at the bottom of the editor window.

Applies to editor

Set Form Builder

Required/Optional optional

I was communicating in this respect. May be m wrong.

Thanks
icon3.gif  Re: How to write some thing in Forms MDI Window Status Bar [message #214068 is a reply to message #213347] Sun, 14 January 2007 12:57 Go to previous message
azamkhan
Dear jawwikhan
Salaam,

What you want cannot be done, however as a programmer I dont have the word impossible in my dictionary. So you can do this by another way.

Make a stack canvas and design it like the status bar. Put some non-base table items on this stack canvas. Display it on your main canvas at the bottom just like the form's status bar. And populate the items that you have placed on the stack.

I m sure that this will solve your problem.

Regards,
Azam Khan
Previous Topic: SCROLL BAR PROBLEM
Next Topic: get the property of a frame
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:20:13 CDT 2024