Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Need help with a message alert
Need help with a message alert [message #212293] Thu, 04 January 2007 09:43 Go to next message
Tony Grace
I know how to do differen't message alerts like the following

MSG_ALERT('Are you sure you want to delete the values associated to ' || :entry_control.last_name, 'I', FALSE);

which works as an information type message alert...I can also do one for Error...which will stop the process for me.

what I'm trying to do is give the user a yes no cancel option to either continue or cancel the process.

yes would delete

no would not delete and move on to the next checked name from the list

cancel would exit the process all together

I don't know why I'm having finding so much trouble finding examples, according to a book it stipulates I need a system
alert but gives no examples.

I do know that I would manipulate the yes no cancel with code, I have a grip on how I can do this, just not sure of the function....

I'm trying to do this with a when_button_pressed_trigger in Oracle forms, if that helps.

Thanks for any tips....and if anyone knows of any good on line resources for various functions, the help within oracle forms was not helpful at all.
Re: Need help with a message alert [message #212347 is a reply to message #212293] Thu, 04 January 2007 19:50 Go to previous message
wency

Ok here's youe sample. First, create an alert with three values.
That is on propety palette, put 'Yes' on Button 1 label, 'No' on button 2 label and Cancel on button 3 label.
DECLARE
  alert_button	      number;  
BEGIN
     alert_button := SHOW_ALERT ('MY_ALERT');

IF alert_button = alert_button1 Then
        --your delete code here
     ELSIF alert_button = alert_button2 Then
        --your move code here
     ELSE
        --your exit code here
     END IF;
END;