Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ERROR: ORA-06502
ERROR: ORA-06502 [message #211655] Sat, 30 December 2006 11:42 Go to next message
lunate

hi all,
i have a problem ,hope any one can help me and explain me clearly.
problem is that ,
i have a view in backend 'v_ballot'.
i want to call it with out making it as 'datablock' in front-end(in form 6i).(bcoz the built-in package that is already called/used in this view is not working at front-end(DBMS_RANDOM)).
i just put a code at when button pressed trigger of a button.
begin
execute_query('v_ballot');
end;

but when i run my form i got the
Quote:
error : ora-06502

can any one tell me how to correct it ,or the way to call a view with out making/adding it as data block in the form.

regards.

[Updated on: Sat, 30 December 2006 11:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ERROR: ORA-06502 [message #211657 is a reply to message #211655] Sat, 30 December 2006 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
ORA-06502 = numeric or value error. In other words, parameter you used to fool Oracle Forms is invalid.

Did you ever open online Forms help and read what it has to say about the EXECUTE_QUERY built-in procedure? I believe not, because - if you had - you'd see what parameters are allowed.

I don't have Developer 6i so I can't test it myself and following words may be really stupid, but let me try: a view is, actually, stored SELECT statement. It is executed on database server. Forms uses view's output. Are you sure you can't use a VIEW as a data block source? Did you try it? If you got an error, which one was it?

How to fetch data into a control block? I never tried it (not the way it would simulate a database block). But, once you fill it, there's another problem: how to work with those data? UPDATE? DELETE? This and that? Phew, I'd rather avoid it if possible.
Re: ERROR: ORA-06502 [message #211658 is a reply to message #211657] Sat, 30 December 2006 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lunate

i solved it.

[Updated on: Sat, 30 December 2006 13:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ERROR: ORA-06502 [message #211659 is a reply to message #211657] Sat, 30 December 2006 13:21 Go to previous message
lunate

hi dear littelfoot,
i have solved my problem just by using a small cursor.
ya have checked it many time to use dbms_random package of database(backend) on form 6i but the error was atorderby clause of the queries.so it means the above package is not already stored in form 6i built-in packages .
anyways thatnx for ur time and advice.
andalos thanx for your early reply.
regards.
Previous Topic: DS Form Runtime Error
Next Topic: Making one to many relation for the same table!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:28:28 CDT 2024