Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How libraries work in Forms
How libraries work in Forms [message #210434] Wed, 20 December 2006 16:31 Go to next message
acorbally
Can anyone tell me how libraries work with Forms. I understand what a library is but am having trouble with different forms using the library. If I change a library, do I have to remove and add it for each form I use after the change to the library?
Re: How libraries work in Forms [message #210945 is a reply to message #210434] Sat, 23 December 2006 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ab_trivedi
Hi,

Your question is that if you change the library then ofcourse you have to attach the new copy of your library. Library is very much same like you packages in PL.

You have to add the library in each form where u have used it.

Bye
Ashu

[Updated on: Sat, 23 December 2006 23:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How libraries work in Forms [message #211121 is a reply to message #210945] Tue, 26 December 2006 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acorbally
That can't be. You mean if I have 125 forms in an application and I make one change to a library that all forms use such as a message library, then I have to "check out" and remove and re-add the library to each form? There has got to be an easier way.
Re: How libraries work in Forms [message #211266 is a reply to message #210434] Wed, 27 December 2006 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sachinjainonweb
Hello

U dont have to re-attach a library , if u have not changed number of formal parameters (their datatypes and all) all as during runtime fmx firsts look for plx and thus no need to recompile ur fmbs ..
Hope this helps

Luck Always
Re: How libraries work in Forms [message #212114 is a reply to message #211266] Wed, 03 January 2007 17:59 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
There is one serious proviso that the last poster missed. If you delete a procedure or function from a library (other than the last one) or insert a procedure or function (other than at the end ALPHABETICALLY) you DO need to recompile all the forms that use the library. The library contains a list made up of a 'number' and the function or procedure 'name'. The 'fmx' uses the 'number' not the 'name' therefore if you add or remove library functions or procedures then the 'new' 'plx' may have a different 'number'/'name' list to the one that was used when the 'fmx' was created.

David
Previous Topic: How to cache the data in the memory?
Next Topic: Drop Down Lists.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:41:16 CDT 2024