Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to restore database image column value
How to restore database image column value [message #209628] Sat, 16 December 2006 00:46 Go to next message
azamkhan
Hi,

I am using Oracle 9i as backend and Developer 6i as a front end. I a table that stores an image. The structure of the table is as follows:

CREATE TABLE test1 (
emp_id NUMBER(5),
emp_img LONGRAW
);

I have created a form that has this table on canvas. And this form allows record population. I have stored the image in to the column "EMP_IMG" successfully and the form is also showing it.

Suppose the user has update the record by changing the picture (using READ_IMAGE command) or populating other image from hard disk. The record is not saved yet. What I want to do is at this stage if the user wants to restore the old image i.e. the database stored image then how this can be done. I have tried database_value property but it is not working.

Plz need a solution. If somebody has experience this and has a solution then let me know.

Regards,
Azo Khan
Re: How to restore database image column value [message #209788 is a reply to message #209628] Sun, 17 December 2006 20:46 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Review your code, find where you have placed the 'commit' statements. Remove any that preceed where you wish the user to be able to perform the restore.

David
Previous Topic: MAYRIX forms
Next Topic: How to Remove Title Bar In Forms 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:30:26 CDT 2024