Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » commit problem
commit problem [message #206911] Sat, 02 December 2006 03:44 Go to next message
arcangulac
i have pre insert trigger that i controled null item... if item has not a data i showed message besides i have key_commit that has message if form_success then but it doesnt work .when i put the null data in item message work after that second message shows if form_success then message('') .. can anybody help me
Re: commit problem [message #206919 is a reply to message #206911] Sat, 02 December 2006 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I believe there are capital letters along with punctuation signs on your keyboard. Why don't you use them?

There was a writer in my country who used to write sentences half a page long, so you had to be very concentrated to figure out what he was talking about.

But, I guess your problem has nothing to do with literature or poetry, so you should perhaps try to explain it as clear as possible. Reading all you have written in one sentence is, well, difficult.

So, what id your problem, exactly?
Re: commit problem [message #207053 is a reply to message #206911] Mon, 04 December 2006 00:45 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Do VALIDATION in the VALIDATION triggers. Leave Pre-Insert for key field data population. This is what the documentation says was the purpose for their creation.

Just move your 'IS NULL' validation to either the When-Validate-Item trigger of the field in question or to the When-Validate-Record trigger of the block.

Yes. Please use punctuation and the spell checker.

David

[Updated on: Mon, 04 December 2006 00:47]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: state where no record match LOV
Next Topic: OLE2 and DDE package books
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 15:39:55 CDT 2024