Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » migration from 6i to 10gforms-alternate for d2kwutil.pll ?
migration from 6i to 10gforms-alternate for d2kwutil.pll ? [message #206148] Tue, 28 November 2006 23:39 Go to next message
saravanan_faq

Hi

I do migration from Forms6i to Forms10G.

The following packages are working by attaching D2KWUTIL.PLL without any problem(Forms6i)

win_api_environment.read_registry('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\erpclogon', 'erpc_home', false);
win_api_environment.read_registry('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\erpclogon', 'applnerr_dir', false);

But in Forms 10G

Ctrl+K - OK no errors
Shif+Ctrl+K - OK no errors

-----------------
if nvl(win_api_environment.read_registry('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\erpclogon', 'username'||uid, false), :users.short_name||'a') <> :users.short_name then
win_api_environment.write_registry('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\erpclogon', 'username'||uid, :users.short_name);
end if;
if nvl(win_api_environment.read_registry('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\erpclogon', 'companyname'||uid, false), :users.co_short_name||'a') <> :users.co_short_name then
win_api_environment.write_registry('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\erpclogon', 'companyname'||uid, :users.co_short_name);
end if;

----------------

The above code does not work, but shows no errors

My question is what is alternative pll/package for the above

Ourplatform
Server win 2000
Client XP Prof

I would appreciate if U could help for my queires:

Thanks in advance.

Rgs
R Saravanan , Bangalore

saravanan_faq@gmx.ch

Re: migration from 6i to 10gforms-alternate for d2kwutil.pll ? [message #206155 is a reply to message #206148] Wed, 29 November 2006 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Use 'web_util'. There are threads in this forum and links to the package and examples on the Oracle Developer website.

David
Re: migration from 6i to 10gforms-alternate for d2kwutil.pll ? [message #206282 is a reply to message #206155] Wed, 29 November 2006 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saravanan_faq
Thanks for your answer/time

I creatd small FMB

---------------when-button-pressed------
:users.dsp1 := client_win_api_environment.read_registry('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\KEY_DevSuiteHome1', 'BROWSER', False);
---------------
:users.dsp1 should display value of that BROWSE

But I am not getting

Compiled successfully
No Errors

Could U help what to do for this case.

I need this for my conversion prj
Re: migration from 6i to 10gforms-alternate for d2kwutil.pll ? [message #206387 is a reply to message #206282] Wed, 29 November 2006 18:42 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Have a look at http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:VaLdYa2t5FUJ:forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa%3FmessageID%3D427471+client_win_api_environment .Read_Registry&hl=en&gl=au&ct=clnk&cd=2 and http://groundside.com/blog/DuncanMills.php?m=200406

Have you got the name of the variable correct? What does the 'true' / 'false' option do in this command?

David
Previous Topic: DATABASE LINK in Forms
Next Topic: check box in form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:33:33 CDT 2024