Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » scanner OCX
scanner OCX [message #205760] Mon, 27 November 2006 07:32 Go to next message
hany_marawan
Hello
I want to link between oracle forms and the scanner.i.e I want the ocx which I can add to the form to make the scanner working from forms directly

Thanks
Re: scanner OCX [message #205824 is a reply to message #205760] Mon, 27 November 2006 16:15 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
This 'scanner' question has been raised a few times in this forum. I suggest searching this forum for 'scanner' and then appraising the various entries as guidelines to solving this problem. Some have suggested using either OLE2 or ora_ffi to interact with the scanner's API. You could also send a 'Private Message' to each of the OPs (Original Posters) of the threads that you find and see if they successfully solved their problem. We would all be interested to find out whether a solution to this problem was found.

Alternative: One organisation for which I worked is using '2-dimensional (2D) barcodes' as supported by Adobe Acrobat (this is an extra product to the normal PDF writer). After the text has been entered by the user into the PDF active form, a button on the PDF document is pressed and a 2D barcode is populated. The whole document or just the last page with the 2D barcode is printed and presented for data entry. These 2D barcodes can then be read by up-market barcode readers. We know that barcode readers are just an extension to the normal keyboard and are quite simple to feed into an Oracle Form.

David
Previous Topic: LogIn screen......................
Next Topic: How to pass values from one form to another form?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:46:03 CDT 2024