Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms database connectivity
Forms database connectivity [message #202458] Thu, 09 November 2006 22:48 Go to next message
venkatramank
Hi,

I have an issue with Forms and database connectivity. I had installed Oracle 8i personal edition and am able to query the database using scott/tiger login and password. Same is also there in the TNSNAMES.Ora file of the database. I have installed Forms 4.5 and when I click on the connect button of file option, it asks for username and password and database. There also when I enter scott/tiger/seed(global database name), it throws an error saying TNSORA 12203 : Unable to reach destination. I tried a lot to make it work but in vain.

It will be a great help if any one can provide me with a solution.

Thanks
Venkatraman
Re: Forms database connectivity [message #202461 is a reply to message #202458] Thu, 09 November 2006 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahidmughal

hi
you are using tcp protocol therefore it can be happened.

to overrid this problem you should use the host ip address like this 127.0.0.1

or you should use beq protocol just like this

Beq-local.world =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS =
(COMMUNITY = beq.world)
(PROTOCOL = BEQ)
(PROGRAM = oracle81) (ARGV0 = oracle81sid1) (ARGS = '(DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))')
)
)
(CONNECT_DATA = (SID = sid1) )
)

the above mentioned protocol is used for local database connectivity

i hope you will enjoy

regards

your's truly

Muhammad Shahid Mughal
Faisalabad Pakistan
Re: Forms database connectivity [message #202464 is a reply to message #202458] Thu, 09 November 2006 23:09 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
There is a tnsnames.ora file in the Forms directory structure. It must have the same entries as exists in the file in the Database directory. Search this forum for 'ifile' and look for the oldest entry (down at the bottom).

David
Previous Topic: Difference between RUN_PRODUCT,RUN_REPORT AND RUN_REPORT_OBJECT
Next Topic: Need to add a tab canvas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:48:57 CDT 2024