Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Report need to call from a form and upload the file in to the application's appropriate directory
Report need to call from a form and upload the file in to the application's appropriate directory [message #197928] Fri, 13 October 2006 05:20 Go to next message
sibasankar

Hi All,

I have a requirement in form 6i that i need to insert the .xls or .txt file into the database.

when one user click on to the select button the user can select the file and click into the upload button then the file need to be save into a appropriate folder.

can uanybody suggest me what need's to be do or Can i use the UTL_file for upload the file in to the oracle database or either to the appropriate folder?

ii)can we call a report from a form?if yes what function i need to use fir call the report from a form in oracle application11i?

Looking forward for your early response!

with regards
shiva
Re: Report need to call from a form and upload the file in to the application's appropriate director [message #198156 is a reply to message #197928] Sun, 15 October 2006 21:25 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
1) In Forms 6i use the 'd2kwutil' facility supplied by Oracle. Search this forum for 'd2kwutil' for other threads that have used this facility. Use either 'utl_file' or 'text_io'. Again search this forum, Oracle's website, and google for more information.

2) Use the 'run_product' command. Again, search this forum, the reference manual, and google for examples.

David
Previous Topic: List Item
Next Topic: few questions in d2k
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 13:49:01 CDT 2024