Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to remove hard coding
how to remove hard coding [message #179105] Sun, 25 June 2006 12:22 Go to next message
ranisri321
Iam doing modifications on one project.In that they hardcoded some thing like If they want to call any form they gave the path like d:\good\login.fmx.
call_form(d:\good\login.fmx);
In my pc the total executables are in c drive .so i have to change the code like c:\good\login.fmx..every where.
If i miss to change any where it will give error right.
O.k i will change every where by taking some moretime.but If the client store this executable in D drive .It will give the problem.
I dont want this type of hard coding.
I want to call any form like====>>>>>>>> call_form(login.fmx)
i.e I want to enter only form name.for this where i have to store my executables.

thanks in advance
Re: how to remove hard coding [message #179107 is a reply to message #179105] Sun, 25 June 2006 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Store your forms anywhere you want, just make sure to include this directory into the forms path (seeing your terminology, it appears that this is MS Windows OS; using registry editor, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> ORACLE -> HOMEn and modify the FORMS90_PATH value).
Re: how to remove hard coding [message #179283 is a reply to message #179107] Mon, 26 June 2006 12:39 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Private message

can U tell me with the example.iam using forms 6i.
i think i have to change the form60_path.
OK, then change FORMS60_PATH; you never mentioned which Developer Suite version you have.

I attached a screenshot; I hope you'll be able to change the value to desired one.
Previous Topic: Help --- toolbar
Next Topic: call_form question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:55:27 CDT 2024