Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How should be the Forms Runtime First Screen
How should be the Forms Runtime First Screen [message #178425] Wed, 21 June 2006 02:24 Go to next message
Malan_72
Hi,

I am making a small form 6i application.
Could someone give me idea or sample that what should be the introductory form page on runtime? I mean suppose If I want to go to data entry form, before going to that form, the user first see the nice form screen then click the button to go to data entry form?
Any code?

Thanks in Advance

Malan
Re: How should be the Forms Runtime First Screen [message #178818 is a reply to message #178425] Thu, 22 June 2006 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If this is a one form application then make the first defined canvas your 'pretty' screen. Put a button on it to which you navigate by a 'go_item' in the When-New-Form-Instance trigger. Then in the When-Button-Pressed trigger on the button go them go to an item on the working canvas.

For a multi-form application search this forum for 'splash'.

David

Re: How should be the Forms Runtime First Screen [message #178832 is a reply to message #178818] Fri, 23 June 2006 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malan_72
David,

Could you send me some sample .fmb file?
So I can get clear idea about it.

Thanks

Malan
Re: How should be the Forms Runtime First Screen [message #178844 is a reply to message #178832] Fri, 23 June 2006 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I don't have samples.

David
Re: How should be the Forms Runtime First Screen [message #178901 is a reply to message #178425] Fri, 23 June 2006 06:14 Go to previous message
hassan@kse.com.pk

Hi,

if i am right that you wand to display first form without any item, and might be there have some pic. when you are runing your form it is not show.

if its true the dont warry you take a image item and make it as muchs as small and run your form it will be run.

it your first form is runing and you want call another for then
write a code

CALL_FORM('C:\ABC');
where ABC is the form name and 'C:\' it is path

if have one form and you want to user several canvas and first canvas want to show for display after click on the buttion then go entree canvas, then you will have to create several windown in the navigator.

Muhammad Hassan
from Karachi Stock Exchange
E-mail: hassan@kse.com.pk
mobil : 03002562395
Previous Topic: HOST Commad Problem
Next Topic: Forms60_Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:41:46 CDT 2024