Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Unable to open connection in Forms.
Unable to open connection in Forms. [message #178386] Tue, 20 June 2006 23:25 Go to next message
shahnazurs
Hi Friends,
I installed oracle 9i release 2 on windowsXP service pack 1 & later i applied the patch i.e. service pack 2 then i installed developer 2000 (form6i).
I made the necessary changes for tnsnames.ora under the following directory
form_home\net80\admin
once it is done, i try to connect form61 then is is alerting me with the following error
ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to destination

can you please assist this?

Thanks in advance
Re: Unable to open connection in Forms. [message #178395 is a reply to message #178386] Wed, 21 June 2006 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
There is another tnsnames.ora file in the database directory. It and the forms version must be the same. Do a search in the forum for 'ifile'. It is the method of pointing one copy of the tnsnames.ora file to another copy. That way you only have to maintain one copy.

David
Re: Unable to open connection in Forms. [message #179063 is a reply to message #178395] Sat, 24 June 2006 08:40 Go to previous message
wreyaz

is your database working good? if yes, then copy all files including tnsnames.ora from <database_home>\network\admin\ and paste them all to <form_home>\net80\admin\ folder, click on 'Yes' if asks to replace the existing file!!.. (don't forget take backup of old file in <form_home>\net80\admin\ folder)

then connect the form builder as same userid/password@database
Previous Topic: Attaching PLL in Remote Unix Server
Next Topic: client/server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:33:35 CDT 2024