Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Back up
Back up [message #171257] Tue, 09 May 2006 03:13 Go to next message
leo1
Dear Sir,

Hope you will be doing well. I am working on my project and it is almost in final phase. I am stuck in one point i.e. how to take back up of “database” through form6i.I want to put a button on the form saying "Back UP" and when user click on it should back up all data in to a file and there should be other button saying "restore" and when we click on the restore button it should give an option like which backup you want to restore with respect to date taken.
Please advise me in this issue.

Thanks in advance

Re: Back up [message #171263 is a reply to message #171257] Tue, 09 May 2006 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
You need to understand more about backup and restoration.
Then you will get know the complexity behind screens that you are asking for. Start here
http://orafaq.com/faq/backup_recovery
http://orafaq.com/faq/import_export
Re: Back up [message #173895 is a reply to message #171263] Thu, 25 May 2006 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
leo1
Thank for your information I have read all these information and they are very helpful. Now please tell me how to code all these things I want that when I click on the Backup button it should give me and option to select the destination drive (or backup media) for backing up and then in same way while I am restoring it should give me an option which file you want to restore and from where using click event of button in form6i.
Re: Back up [message #179049 is a reply to message #171257] Sat, 24 June 2006 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
leo1
Dear Sir,

i am still waiting for an answer.

Thanks!
Re: Back up [message #179138 is a reply to message #173895] Mon, 26 June 2006 00:10 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'webutil' or 'web_util'. Go to the Oracle Forms web site and get a copy of 'web_util' from there. Run the demo. Learn how it uses the 'open_file' dialog. Use it to direct your 'export' and 'import' commands to your preferred directory.

David
Previous Topic: Master detail forms
Next Topic: Set the visual attribute for several records in a block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:41:31 CDT 2024