Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how check value befor commit
how check value befor commit [message #168762] Sat, 22 April 2006 04:44 Go to next message
mfa786
hi master
sir
how check value befor commit my form if that value right than commit otherwise show message box and not save

please give me idea

thanking you
aamir
Re: how check value befor commit [message #168768 is a reply to message #168762] Sat, 22 April 2006 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
emadbsb

in the key_commit form trigger
check for the value
Quote:

if('entered value' = 'yr value) then
commit_form;

else raise form_trigger_failure;
/*else exit_form;*/
end if;

Re: how check value befor commit [message #168854 is a reply to message #168768] Sun, 23 April 2006 19:33 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Personally, I think that the Key_commit trigger is far too late to be doing most validation. There are two VERY important triggers, When-Validate-Item and When-Validate-Record, and it is in these triggers that you should be doing ALL your item and record level validations. This becomes critical if you follow normal practice and do NOT do your commits row by row, but a block at a time as Oracle Forms was intended. Remember you are using software that is designed to use your network efficiently, don't muck it up by accessing the Application Server and database for every row when you can do the work and only access the AS and DB every 10 or more rows.

David
Previous Topic: List Item Problem
Next Topic: How to enable a field by clicking on a check box..........
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 07:30:19 CDT 2024