Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » constraints problem while entry
constraints problem while entry [message #161651] Mon, 06 March 2006 08:29 Go to next message
sharma.radha

Hi,

I have an form which is based on 4 tables one is main table(have no constraint) other three all have constraint.
Common column is "personalid".
While entry through seperate Canvass there are two tables which gives error. MESSAGE IS
"Unable to insert record"
AFTER Pressing shift +F1 it shows name of the constraint(integrity constraint) due to which record is not inserted.

While query it gives FRM-40350 error only for that record which was inserted by this form (half information due to unable to insert record in two tables) rest all work fine.

Radha Sharma.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 March 2006 18:39] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: constraints problem while entry [message #161715 is a reply to message #161651] Mon, 06 March 2006 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please confirm that (1) you are populating the 'personalid' in the master record in the 'When-Create-Record trigger, (2) the 'personalid' in each of the other blocks are populated using the 'Copy Value from Item' property pointing back to ':mstr.personalid'.

David
Re: constraints problem while entry [message #162089 is a reply to message #161715] Wed, 08 March 2006 12:16 Go to previous message
sharma.radha

David here i am attaching my form.
In this i have problem in entry of records.

When i insert new employee of CATEGORY='SERVICE OFFICER' then i am getting error in QUALCANV canvass and NOMCANV canvass.

Apart from this when insert new record in other cavasses it works.
But while query on that particular record it gives error 'FRM-40350 ' message. After giving this message it show that record.

But in others there is no problem while query.
Please have a look on this form i know that it will take enough time but i dont have any other option to explain my problem.

Radha Sharma
  • Attachment: NEWEMP1.fmb
    (Size: 656.00KB, Downloaded 1025 times)
Previous Topic: how to attach pl/sql library in forms 9i
Next Topic: Alert and Timer expired
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:42:57 CDT 2024