Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » FRM-40735
FRM-40735 [message #160808] Tue, 28 February 2006 07:37 Go to next message
doc1

Hi!!

i am working with multiple stacked canvases to handle generalization in one form...

Patient (Master/parent entity)
Ordinary_pat (detail/child entity)
panel (detail/child entity)
privtae(detail/child entity)

my problem is that i m not getting how to insert in master n detail records with single save command.
Re: FRM-40735 [message #160903 is a reply to message #160808] Wed, 01 March 2006 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please review the master/detail Forms demonstration. Have you defined the 'relations' between you master and various detail blocks?

David
Re: FRM-40735 [message #161284 is a reply to message #160903] Fri, 03 March 2006 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doc1
yes i defined the relation between Master and detail blocks. I made a little change after my post to forum and now it is saying record has already been inserted whereas it is not. let me tell you what i did is..there are radio buttons in master block used to view a desired detail block. at the time user clicks anyone of them an insert command is written in trigger When-Radio-changed to insert into the Master recrod and after that command the new canvas is opened and control goes to the detail block. So at the time add button is clicked data is inserted in to detail block only but at that time it says record has already been inserted but when i check it in DB it is nt there. just guid me a little about correct triggers logic to carry out this. Thanx
Re: FRM-40735 [message #161549 is a reply to message #161284] Mon, 06 March 2006 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Instead of me telling you which triggers you should have, how about you tell me which triggers you DO have. Alternatively, as an exercise, start a new form, create your master block and a single detail block, join them with a 'relations' and note the triggers that have been created. Populate the key to the master block in the When-Create-Trigger of the master block and use the 'copy from' attribute in the item property sheet to populate the master key item in the detail block. At that point you should be able to put information into the master block, then be able to click into the detail blcok, add more information, and press the 'save' button without any messages appearing.

Try it and get back to us.

David
Re: FRM-40735 [message #161864 is a reply to message #160808] Tue, 07 March 2006 09:56 Go to previous message
doc1

Hi!!

Thanx for your concern but the actuall problem was not in front end that was a back end problem with the master table due to some constraint it is solved and every thing is working now
Previous Topic: execute query run fine with numeric data not give result on string data
Next Topic: help on oracle form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:41:55 CDT 2024