Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » SET LOV PROPERTY built-in and the auto display property
SET LOV PROPERTY built-in and the auto display property [message #159808] Tue, 21 February 2006 13:37 Go to next message
bdrufner
FORMS 9.0.4(32 bit), RDBMS 9.2

I would like to conditionally set the value of the auto display property of a LOV at runtime using the built-in SET-LOV- PROPERTY depending on SYSTEM MODE.

I have looked at the documentation on the SET-LOV-PROPERTY built-in and while it appears that auto refresh, group name, lov size, position and title are available, auto display is not listed. Also, I searched around Oracle FAQ and the web but no soap.

Is this possible and I am just missing it? If this functionality is not supported, has some enterprising developer figured out a workaround?

The "quick and dirty" solution is to have two LOV's - one with auto display set to TRUE and one to FALSE and conditionally attach the LOV at runtime depending on the value of SYSTEM MODE but there MUST be a better way.

All comments, recommendations and/or solutions are welcomed and appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Barry
Re: SET LOV PROPERTY built-in and the auto display property [message #159849 is a reply to message #159808] Tue, 21 February 2006 22:06 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You call it a ""quick and dirty" solution", I would call it "some enterprising developer"'s "workaround". Smile

David
Previous Topic: asci report
Next Topic: how to call an exe file from oracle forms 9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:44:35 CDT 2024