Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Getting windows error during running the sql scripts from form 6i
Getting windows error during running the sql scripts from form 6i [message #158039] Wed, 08 February 2006 03:08 Go to next message
zafri

I made a little form application. The purpose of this application is to
generate explain plan for a particular SQL. Some sql scripts run internally in order to populate the result on form's screen after pressing the form's button but I am getting windows error during running the sql scripts from form 6i.

I am using forms 6i with patch 17 with Oracle 10G database on windows2000 professional on same computer.
This application runs fine with 8i.

Following error I am getting during execution of the sql script:

Oracle Sql Plus has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Please inform me where the problem is and how to overcome it.

Zafri.
Re: Getting windows error during running the sql scripts from form 6i [message #158171 is a reply to message #158039] Wed, 08 February 2006 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RJ.Zijlstra
Zafri,

What do you mean exactly by your statement 'Some sql scripts run internally' ?

Did you try al your scripts in sql*plus (10G version) ?

Regards

Rob Zijlstra
Re: Getting windows error during running the sql scripts from form 6i [message #158212 is a reply to message #158171] Thu, 09 February 2006 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zafri
Hi.

I am not an Oracle expert but as far as I concerned the SQL code which I am using did not give the error during the form execution. But when forms 6i’s Plus80.exe internally try to connect to Oracle Database 10G the error comes.

Regarding my sql code it something like this which I write in when button Press trigger

declare

dummy varchar2(40);

begin

select table_name into ……………………………………….

if dummy = 'PLAN_TABLE' then
output2:='rman target/ nocatalog @C:\EXPLAIN_PLUS\MISC\TRUNC2.txt ' ;
Host(output2,no_screen);

end if;

………………………….
Re: Getting windows error during running the sql scripts from form 6i [message #158535 is a reply to message #158212] Mon, 13 February 2006 00:29 Go to previous message
zafri
As you saw that in When button press trigger, I am using TEXT_IO in order to prepare O/S text files and in the same time these scripts run via host command in order to
populate the table.

But some people recommend that instead of using host command use FORM_DDL and EXEC_SQL to populate the table.

But as you saw my code, it performs several task, first it makes the script file then run this script.

If I use FORM_DDL how should I run the SQL Script via FORM_DDL which was created by TEXT_IO.

And also how should we overcome the connection problem of forms 6i plus80.exe to Oracle 10G Database.

I will appreciate if someone gives me the example.

Thanks

Zafri
Previous Topic: can any one help
Next Topic: Visual attibutes problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:44:56 CDT 2024