Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Not updating record
Not updating record [message #157590] Fri, 03 February 2006 08:34 Go to next message
sharma.radha

Hi,

I have a form which contains two fields, one is text item other one is List.
When i select the value from list and write value in other field
and save it then it creates another record. It is not updating that record which i have selected from the list.

My save Button has code
commit

So where i am doing the mistake.
Please tell me.
Waiting for reply.

Radha Sharma.
Re: Not updating record [message #157683 is a reply to message #157590] Fri, 03 February 2006 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M0nst3r
How can you expect an UPDATE to occur if you haven't queried a record?

What is the relationship between your listbox and textbox?

[Updated on: Fri, 03 February 2006 18:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Not updating record [message #157717 is a reply to message #157683] Sat, 04 February 2006 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sharma.radha

Hi M0nst3r,
M0str3r i am sorry that i did not write "QUERY" key word while submitting my question.
I wrote that my form has one list item other is text item and a button(save) which has trigger "when-button-pressed" contained code
commit;

After running the form when i do QUERY and try to update a record it makes another record leaving the pevious one same.

I mean to say that it adds another row leaving the previous one same to which i want to update.

Sorry to say but i did not get this why did you ask me this...
What is the relationship between your listbox and textbox?

I think that i did not clear my quetion in my first message.
Sorry M0str3r.

Waiting for your worth reply.
And thanks in advace.

Radha Sharma.
Re: Not updating record [message #157726 is a reply to message #157590] Sat, 04 February 2006 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M0nst3r
Try using the COMMIT_FORM built-in instead of COMMIT
Re: Not updating record [message #158199 is a reply to message #157726] Thu, 09 February 2006 00:07 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If neither Commit nor Commit_Form is saving the result then you are not changing an item that has been defined as a 'Base Table Item'. Either base your block on a table in the database, or if you are doing manual (yuck) inserts, updates, and deletes then use Standard.Commit which ALWAYS does a Commit irrespective of the status of the Form.

David
Previous Topic: ......... EMAIL ISSUE
Next Topic: Problem in Conversion of forms6 to 6i and Re: Converting forms from 6 to 6i (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:39:11 CDT 2024