Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How better a trace file can be used??
How better a trace file can be used?? [message #157576] Fri, 03 February 2006 07:00 Go to next message
karthikraj
I can create a trace file using
record = collect log = c:\log.txt
This will tell me what trigger are being fired and the status of form.

How efficiently this can be used to debug a error.
Can i give something, so that a value of a particular field is always shown. So that i can find when the value of that field is changing.
Re: How better a trace file can be used?? [message #158195 is a reply to message #157576] Wed, 08 February 2006 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Can you post a sample of the output that you are getting from doing "record = collect log = c:\log.txt"? I have not heard of this approach and I am interested in getting more information on it. What version of Forms are you running?

David
Re: How better a trace file can be used?? [message #158495 is a reply to message #158195] Sun, 12 February 2006 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karthikraj
Hi,

I have attached the same.
Before that u will have to give the following code in the Target of ur application property

E:\orant\BIN\ifrun60.EXE module=gnmnf002.fmx userid=SORN_104_PATCH2_10FEB06/SORN_104_PATCH2_10FEB06@3021
RECORD=COLLECT LOG=C:\ABCDE\LOG.TXT

U will have to enter the "RECORD=COLLECT LOG=C:\ABCDE\LOG.TXT" in the target's last part.

The log will show u where the cursor navigates, what is the value of fields and status of the block, field, forms.

jus try urself and u will come to know.

But how easy can this be used to debug issues was my question
Re: How better a trace file can be used?? [message #158696 is a reply to message #158495] Mon, 13 February 2006 22:42 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I have no idea as I have never used it. Typically I know which code I have changed and test around that code. I expect that this feature would be helpful as you could run the form with a standard input test deck, trap the output, then make your changes, run the same standard input test deck a second time, and compare the output files for differences.

David

[Updated on: Mon, 13 February 2006 22:42]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Disabling next block on Runweb
Next Topic: how we can call IDS9i Reports from Form9i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:33:32 CDT 2024