Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Commit Problem (merged)
icon13.gif  Commit Problem (merged) [message #154352] Sat, 07 January 2006 07:19 Go to next message
vitap
Hi ,
can any one suggest me in how to do the next :
After Block Instance (it depends on parameter) I need to delete records form table that this block is based on, and after deleting to insert few new record (it also depends on parameter).
I create my program unit that must to delete it:

Delete table_name
Where column_name = condition ;

Commit;

If I do commit I get message 'No changes to save' because it's no changes in form -- but it works and delete the records from table and whit out commit it doesn’t work.
Re: Commit problem [message #154383 is a reply to message #154352] Sat, 07 January 2006 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm not sure which problem are we discussing - solving "delete records and later insert some other records" or "why do I get the message after commit"?

As the second one provides simpler solution (and - to me - it seems that THIS is a real question here), let us solve this one: to avoid such a message, you could change the system message level:
:parameter.old_message_level := :system.message_level;
:system.message_level := 25;
commit;
:system.message_level := :parameter.old_message_level;

I hope this will help a little bit ...
Re: Commit problem [message #154402 is a reply to message #154383] Sun, 08 January 2006 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vitap
Thanks I will try it.
Re: Commit problem [message #154463 is a reply to message #154352] Sun, 08 January 2006 17:46 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please search this forum for 'standard.commit'.

Commit tests to see if there are any Forms changes, your 'delete' is visibile in the database only. Therefore, use 'standard.commit' which is an absolute commit, not a conditional commit.

David
Previous Topic: UNABLE TO READ IMAGES (1.50 MB) FROM FORMS
Next Topic: There was a failure in the forms server during startup.....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:43:48 CDT 2024