Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Regarding WHEN_VALIDATE_ITEM TRIGGER
Regarding WHEN_VALIDATE_ITEM TRIGGER [message #146806] Mon, 14 November 2005 00:27 Go to next message
narendrakumarkm
hi,

I need to write a trigger WHEN_VALIDATE_ITEM TRIGGER that validates the two text fields.If the combination of text fields already exists,then the trigger should be raised.

I am new to this and finding problem in this.Plz provide me some solutions
Re: Regarding WHEN_VALIDATE_ITEM TRIGGER [message #146807 is a reply to message #146806] Mon, 14 November 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashishmate

modify this code as per your need and add is to when-validate-item trigger of the second field

declare
cnt number;
begin
select count(*)
into cnt
from scott.emp
where ename = :emp.ename and
job = :emp.job ;

if cnt >= 1 then
messaGE('COMBINATION ALREADY EXISTS ');
RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE;
END IF;
EXCEPTION
WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND THEN
NULL;
END;

correct me if i am wrong

Re: Regarding WHEN_VALIDATE_ITEM TRIGGER [message #147004 is a reply to message #146807] Tue, 15 November 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
narendrakumarkm
thanx very much 4 u r reply. It was very helpful.

But I have another query.

My form is of master detail.

Before inserting values into the table, the two field combination must be checked.If user enters a value in text field in a detail block and once again user enters same value
for the next text item. The combination values are repeated now.So before inserting I need to write WHEN_VALIDATE_ITEM trigger for this.

So i am stuck with this,so plz if you know this then let me know about it.

THanks for your solution

Re: Regarding WHEN_VALIDATE_ITEM TRIGGER [message #147005 is a reply to message #146807] Tue, 15 November 2005 04:04 Go to previous message
narendrakumarkm
No Message Body
Previous Topic: Dynamic LOV !! Forms Guru's Please Help
Next Topic: Returning to different block
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:46:17 CDT 2024