Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Copying menu without closing User Sessions
Copying menu without closing User Sessions [message #143831] Sun, 23 October 2005 01:45 Go to next message
sarfraz_attari
Dear All

We have Windows 2000 based Application server where we are keeping out Forms and reports runtimes accessed by End Users. I am facing one problem when i am modifying any form or report or menu , i have to call all the user to logged out from application to copy the menu. Since we have large nos of users is there any way to copy the form or report or menu without closing the user sessions

Thanks

Sarfraz
Re: Copying menu without closing User Sessions [message #143877 is a reply to message #143831] Sun, 23 October 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naveednt
use replace_menu('') without giving a menu name ... so it will remove your menu and obviously unlock your .mmx file...
copy that .mmx to the target path and again
use replace_menu('menuname') with the menu name.
think about where/when you have to remove and re-attach that menu
Re: Copying menu without closing User Sessions [message #143901 is a reply to message #143877] Mon, 24 October 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sarfraz_attari

I didnt get ur reply can u explain me with example pl

thanks

sarfraz
Re: Copying menu without closing User Sessions [message #143903 is a reply to message #143901] Mon, 24 October 2005 01:21 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Yes ... I agree with you ... to my knowledge you may have to either bounce your users or wait for then to get off overnight ... if you use Novell, as an Administrator you can 'force' the copy.

@other gurus (I don't do OS level stuff often enough): is there a super-user on Windows Server how can 'force' the copy to go through?

David
Previous Topic: design error
Next Topic: instalation problem with oracle forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:22:57 CDT 2024