Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Saving data to txt file form 'From Clause' block??? (merged)
icon4.gif  Saving data to txt file form 'From Clause' block??? (merged) [message #143295] Wed, 19 October 2005 16:31 Go to next message
ramisy2k
Hi,

i have form in which there is block based on 'From Clause query'
I want to save all the data that is executed, into a text file on the hard disk, using tabs seperating each column...Also column names (column headers) should also be saved in the text file at the top.
can anybody tell me how to achieve this..
does any have sample example of this...

thanks in advance,
Saving data to txt file form 'From Clause' block??? [message #143298 is a reply to message #143295] Wed, 19 October 2005 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ramisy2k
Hi,

i have form in which there is block based on 'From Clause query'
I want to save all the data that is executed, into a text file on the hard disk, using tabs seperating each column...Also column names (column headers) should also be saved in the text file at the top.
can anybody tell me how to achieve this..
does any have sample example of this...

thanks in advance,
Re: Saving data to txt file form 'From Clause' block??? [message #143307 is a reply to message #143298] Wed, 19 October 2005 18:12 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'utl_file'. There are some fully worked examples.

'Tab' is 'Horizontal Tab' = 'HT' = chr(9).

I strongly suggest that you use CSV, that is, Comma Separated Values, and enclose strings in double quotes. You CAN redefine the separator to be '~', or '€', or something else unique to your system.

David

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 18:17]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Use SQL Code to populate Data block in Forms
Next Topic: jar files on Mac os
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:47:02 CDT 2024