Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Tabbed blocks with master-detail relationship
icon14.gif  Tabbed blocks with master-detail relationship [message #140497] Tue, 04 October 2005 08:47 Go to next message
Sweetie

There are 4 tabbed blocks in a form, each having a master-detail relationship respectively.
The problem is:
when a query is made on one of the master blocks, the records are properly displayed. But when such a record is modified,saved and then navigated to the next tab(Detail tab) the records are not queried and displayed in the detail tab.

When in the same above said case,navigating to the master tab and then navigated to the next tab(Detail tab) the records are queried and displayed in the detail tab.

Kindly suggest what can be done to retrieve the records in such instance.

Thanks & Regards
Re: Tabbed blocks with master-detail relationship [message #140602 is a reply to message #140497] Tue, 04 October 2005 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please confirm:
- you have eight tables, four master and four detail
- they are ALL different, that is, you are not 're-using' any master or detail table
- there is NO relationship between the four master tables
- there is NO relationship between the four detail tables
- you have a master-detail pair on each tab (already stated)
- you want the master-detail pair to already be populated when you go to each tab the first time

If the answer to all questions is affirmative, then in your When-New-Form-Instance trigger navigate to each master block in sequence and do an execute_query. Either do the 'first' master last, or at the end of the four queries have a go_block to the 'first' master block. Then when you go to each tab the tables will already be populated.

David
icon7.gif  Re: Tabbed blocks with master-detail relationship [message #140632 is a reply to message #140602] Wed, 05 October 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweetie

Hi David,

Thank You for the reply.

For clarity,following is the scenario:

I have 4 four tables AREA,REGION,MARKET and COUNTRY.
I have 4 tabbed canvas in the same form,first canvas uses AREA table.
Second one uses AREA and REGION table (AREA is the master of REGION)
Third canvas uses REGION and MARKET table (REGION is the master of MARKET)
Fourth canvas uses MARKET and COUNTRY table (MARKET is the master of COUNTRY)

Thanks & Regards
Re: Tabbed blocks with master-detail relationship [message #140634 is a reply to message #140632] Wed, 05 October 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
How are you getting the same block displayed on two tabs?

David
icon6.gif  Re: Tabbed blocks with master-detail relationship [message #140752 is a reply to message #140634] Wed, 05 October 2005 08:29 Go to previous message
Sweetie

Thank you so much, i used your suggestion of using execute-query along with the SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY and it works.

Thanks & Regards

[Updated on: Wed, 05 October 2005 08:35]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Forms and Reports 9i 'TEST' modules - Do I have them on my machine?
Next Topic: .....color issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:34:32 CDT 2024