Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Hi Developers,
Hi Developers, [message #138797] Fri, 23 September 2005 15:22 Go to next message
nagashree
I need this info inorder to make a decision.

Does Forms involve lot of Pl/SQL programming...bcoz I am not very good at it. so before moving on, I have to decide.
Please send suggestions.

Thanks,
shree

[Updated on: Fri, 23 September 2005 15:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hi Developers, [message #138798 is a reply to message #138797] Fri, 23 September 2005 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dushyant
hi naga

as you are aware oracle is going to do all the development in future in these technologies only namely JSP, Crystal reports, and XML so its worth spending time, effort, money on these skill sets.

All the Best

Dushyant
Re: Hi Developers, [message #138803 is a reply to message #138798] Fri, 23 September 2005 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nagashree
Hi Dushyant,
Thanks a lot for the valuable suggestion. I'll surely keep this in mind and go on with oracle developer preparation. but can u please tell me if I will be able to manage atleast as a Junior developer ,by just learning things and no real time experience.

also can you suggest me a good book to learn Oracle Forms and Reports.

Thank you very much,
Nagashree
Re: Hi Developers, [message #138853 is a reply to message #138803] Sat, 24 September 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dushyant
hi naga

self help is best help, u can surely learn things on ur own,afterall oracle technologies are not rocket science, infact in realtime scenario, nobody has time to assist you , you are expected to be a self learner.

For learning forms, nothing like oracle press, you can also refer
oracle developer 2000 forms 6i by ivan bayross

bye&TC

dushyant
Re: Hi Developers, [message #138947 is a reply to message #138797] Sun, 25 September 2005 23:27 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
If you want to try the 'bleeding edge' try html_db at http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/htmldb/index.html. You do NOT need to install anything on your PC. Just sign up for a 'Free Workspace' and get to creating solutions. There is some PL/SQL programming required sometimes but much less than with Oracle Forms. But, please note, there are very few people using this product for commercial applications TODAY. It is a 10g DB and AS based product BUT IT IS FREE, it is very fast to develop an application, and it is 'magic' for converting Access and Excel applications to a solid, recoverable platform.

For further research on Oracle Forms PLEASE read the sticky at the top of this forum, and the FAQs on this web site.

David
Previous Topic: ....... forms 6i T List problem
Next Topic: how to use restricted procedure ???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 01:39:12 CDT 2024