Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » another challenging task for gurus
icon14.gif  another challenging task for gurus [message #136081] Tue, 06 September 2005 00:40 Go to next message
toufiq_raja

Taske # 1
I want to get the information in printer pool... in the forms.
Like when u send the print to printer, you can see in the printers pool, that how many number of pages are sent, which documents, number of copies and from which user/machine
then print came.

Task #2
also i want to get the N.I.C. #, Sound card #,CD-ROM #....
any thing attached to mother board, i.e. all the hardware and periphirals serial number e.g.
serial # of cd-rom,ram,vga,sound card,nic etc.

is there any dll, or active controll available to get the above mentioned information

regards
Raja Toufiq!

Re: another challenging task for gurus [message #145415 is a reply to message #136081] Wed, 02 November 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Did you solve your problem?

David
Re: another challenging task for gurus [message #146025 is a reply to message #145415] Tue, 08 November 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toufiq_raja

sir, i have not solved the problem yet. neither i got any idea to achieve the task#1.
Re: another challenging task for gurus [message #146042 is a reply to message #146025] Tue, 08 November 2005 05:13 Go to previous message
Maaher
Are you trying to rebuild the entire OS in Forms? Don't forget that Forms is mainly a 3GL to work with Oracle databases and not with the OS. Certainly the 3 tier version isn't suitable to do a lot of client side stuff.

Anyway, in a client/server environment most of these things should be possible through the use of OCX/ActiveX components, but that's out of my league.

MHE
Previous Topic: Unable to execute Forms (Internet Explorer: "Page not found")
Next Topic: Doubt regarding D2k
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:55:13 CDT 2024