Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » HOW DO I CREATE AN AUTOMATIC DATE TO APPEAR IN A FORM?!
HOW DO I CREATE AN AUTOMATIC DATE TO APPEAR IN A FORM?! [message #116579] Wed, 20 April 2005 13:11 Go to next message
kashcheema
hello there,
i just wanted some assistance in displaying the current date (for example, today's date) in a form once the form is viewed in runtime? (compiled)
i have tried this method from the sql editor, but to no avail:
"create table staff(
date DATE..."

any help will be appreciated

thanks
Re: HOW DO I CREATE AN AUTOMATIC DATE TO APPEAR IN A FORM?! [message #116609 is a reply to message #116579] Wed, 20 April 2005 20:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Go to http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/forms.html. Find 'Form Builder Reference'. Download it and search for '$$date'.

Check the block item property default value and use '$$date$$'.

Alternatively, in the when-create-record trigger for the block you can use a 'select sysdate into :blk.itm from dual;' statement.

But please read the doco and understand what '$$date$$' does that 'sysdate' does not.

You also have to be careful about over-writing existing field values and what behaviour you want during query mode versus entry mode.

[Updated on: Wed, 20 April 2005 20:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: HOW DO I CREATE AN AUTOMATIC DATE TO APPEAR IN A FORM?! [message #116709 is a reply to message #116609] Thu, 21 April 2005 09:39 Go to previous message
kashcheema
thanks djmartin, your method worked.

kash
Previous Topic: tlist problem..pls help
Next Topic: frm : 90928 positional parameter not specified ...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 21:31:11 CDT 2024