Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » can i install oracle 8i(server) & oracle 6i(forms) in one PC without network?
can i install oracle 8i(server) & oracle 6i(forms) in one PC without network? [message #112509] Sat, 26 March 2005 07:09 Go to next message
wenlean
hi,
i have problems in installing oracle. i dont have network, i dont even have a lancard, my pc is running only 500 mhrz (celeron). i want to install oracle server(8i) and the 6i(forms) for my personal practice at home. is it possible to install the 2 in one machine w/o network? if yes how can i do it? i hav tried installing the 8i(server) but theres a failure in configuration on the Net8, and also when i try installing the 6i(form) theres also an error on the Net8 files.. pls i reli need your help..

thnks,
wenlean.
Re: can i install oracle 8i(server) & oracle 6i(forms) in one PC without network? [message #112773 is a reply to message #112509] Tue, 29 March 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saadatahmad

Yes you can Install Oracle 8i and Forms 6i on a single machine without any netwrok. However, you say that you have a celeron 500 MHZ Processor. It's not recommended that you install Oracle on this machine.
How much RAM you have in your PC?
32 MB?
64 MB?
128 MB?
Which operating system you'r using?
These are the questions which we need to know before giving the solution towards your problem.
But you'r original question's answer is YES you can install Oracle software on a single machine.
Re: can i install oracle 8i(server) & oracle 6i(forms) in one PC without network? [message #113142 is a reply to message #112773] Thu, 31 March 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Remember that you are using 'LOCAL' as your address. There are references in OTN. Remember, the Windows name for 'TWO_TASK' is 'DEFAULT'. You will probably have to search for TWO_TASK and then change the scripts to use DEFAULT.
Re: can i install oracle 8i(server) & oracle 6i(forms) in one PC without network? [message #113166 is a reply to message #112509] Thu, 31 March 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hsinghalmrt

If you want to install oracle for personal use.

I recommned you windows 2000 server.

and please make at least two partitions of your hard disk.

in one hard drive , install windows 2000 server

and on other oracle and d2k.

first , you should install oracle then d2k

after that make the connection through tnsnames.ora

feel free for any clarification

Re: can i install oracle 8i(server) & oracle 6i(forms) in one PC without network? [message #113259 is a reply to message #113166] Thu, 31 March 2005 22:21 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Using 'server' is not really necesary, nor is multiple disks. Just keep the database and application in separate homes.

Yes ... install Oracle DB, test it. Then install Oracle Forms etc.
Previous Topic: Import Excel datasheet to an oracle table
Next Topic: How To Show animated GIF or Flash in Oracle form 9i,10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 19:17:04 CDT 2024