Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » use of UTL_HTTP and XMLTYPE in PLL ?
icon12.gif  use of UTL_HTTP and XMLTYPE in PLL ? [message #110410] Mon, 07 March 2005 06:30 Go to next message
jeanguitou

Hi all,

I am pretty new in the PL/SQL world.
I have managed to call a web service from my PL/SQL packages included in the database.
But I don't manage to do so in the PLL components of my forms...

Can I use the UTL_HTTP package and the XMLTYPE type in the PLL components ?

Thanks a lot for your answer.

regards,
Jean-Guillaume
ho.jglalanne*teamexternal.com
icon5.gif  Re: use of UTL_HTTP and XMLTYPE in PLL ? [message #131072 is a reply to message #110410] Thu, 04 August 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jeanguitou

Hi,

Nobody can answer to my question ?
It is very urgent...

Thanks in advance

regards

Jean-Guillaume LALANNE
Re: use of UTL_HTTP and XMLTYPE in PLL ? [message #131205 is a reply to message #110410] Thu, 04 August 2005 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I can't see any reason why you couldn't use UTL_HTTP in your Forms or PLL. The XMLTYPE is another question I will have to research.

I was reading a White Paper on "Integrating Oracle HTML DB with Oracle Application Server 10g" and it contains some interesting details concerning Web Services. You may like to read them.

David
Re: use of UTL_HTTP and XMLTYPE in PLL ? [message #131212 is a reply to message #131205] Thu, 04 August 2005 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I can define the table in 9i with a field type of XMLTYPE, but I can not access it using Forms 6 Builder. Try a simple test using a later version of Forms.

Dvid
Re: use of UTL_HTTP and XMLTYPE in PLL ? [message #131285 is a reply to message #131212] Fri, 05 August 2005 02:25 Go to previous message
jeanguitou

Hi david,

Thanks a lot for your help.
Actually, my company has a Oracle Forms 6i architecture and it is planned to migrate to 10g in 6 months/ 1 year.
Before the total migration of the application, it is necessary for us to use .NET WebService that deployed inside and outside the company network.
I have tested the use of a web service from an PL/SQL package procedure and it works fine (www.xmethods.com web service sample).
Now, is has been asked me to search for accessing the web service directly from the forms without querying a Oracle PL/SQL database package.
To do so I need my PL/SQL code (that use UTL_XML and UTL_HTTP) to run correctly from a PLL.
But is seems that it is not possible !

If anyone of you know a way around to create such a PLL, I would appreciate greatly your help.

Regards,

Jean-Guillaume LALANNE
Cool
Previous Topic: Tlist
Next Topic: Alert Window Sizing in 3-tier environment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:30:54 CDT 2024