Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to beak a single line command line into muliple lines?
How to beak a single line command line into muliple lines? [message #87098] Mon, 06 December 2004 10:00 Go to next message
Zun Xing Li
Hi, everybody:

I have a problem that I couldn't using " - " to break a single command line into multiple lines by putting it at the end of each lines in the Oracle Form, however, that works at SQLPLUS.

Who can tell me how to beak a single line command line into muliple lines in the Oracle Form in the triggers?

Sample:

EXEC LRCR.DEMO_MAIL.MAIL('zunxing.li@boeing.com', -

'melani.morales@boeing.com; zunxing.li@boeing.com; robert.a.kasson@boeing.com', -

'LRCR AUTOMATIC MAIL NOTIFICATION', -

'The subject Logistics Requirement Change Request || to_char(:ORIG.LRCR_NBR)|| is available in the LRCR system. -

One of two actions required at this time:(1) Provide impact narrative OR (2) Provide impact incorporation date. -

Please complete the action required within the assigned duration. If necessary, -

please forward this request to the responsible analyst in your group. -

Please enter inputs and SAVE in LRCR to indicate you are done. -

Activities not completed within the allocated duration will generate late messages to the responsible person, -

the Evaluator, and the LRG for the given LRCR. To review the duration for the given activity, -

access the SCHEDULE from the LRCR Main Menu pulldown. -

Any questions or assistance, please contact the LRCR Evaluator. -

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE, CONTACT THE EVALUATOR: -

Internal Boeing user may access the LRCR System: -

http://svwww026.web.boeing.com:8080/forms60java/lrcr.f60?config=lrcr. -

Please reply me this e-mail, this is the testing for F15 LRCR Form');

Thanks!

Li
Re: How to beak a single line command line into muliple lines? [message #87099 is a reply to message #87098] Mon, 06 December 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just John
You don't really need to they can just sit on one long line (unpritty as it may be!)

You need to concatonation the lines together, use CHR(10) if you need to force a carraige return.

try that.

:block.item := 'this is '||chr(10)||
'a new line'||
' this on the same line as that above';
Re: How to beak a single line command line into muliple lines? [message #87142 is a reply to message #87098] Thu, 09 December 2004 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Herb
If I understand correctly, LRCR is the schema,
DEMO_MAIL is the package and MAIL is the procedure.
In a form trigger you would not need EXEC anymore
to call a procedure inside a package.
I think you had to use '-' in sqlplus because the EXEC command needs to be in one command.

LRCR.DEMO_MAIL.MAIL('zunxing.li@boeing.com',
'melani.morales@boeing.com; zunxing.li@boeing.com; robert.a.kasson@boeing.com',
'LRCR AUTOMATIC MAIL NOTIFICATION',
'insert long text here');

And as JustJohn said you can use CHR(10) to put carriage returns (CR) in your text.
Re: How to beak a single line command line into muliple lines? [message #87151 is a reply to message #87099] Fri, 10 December 2004 08:13 Go to previous message
Zun Xing Li
Thanks for Just John by using "||" and chr(10), I see the beauty of the coding!

un Xing Li
Previous Topic: How to break lines at Pro*C programs ?
Next Topic: Calling a back-end-procedures through Oracle Form 10g
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 16:18:33 CDT 2024