Home » Open Source » MySQL » Restore MySQL database with only datafile (Linux RHEL 5, MySQL 5)
Restore MySQL database with only datafile [message #640641] Sun, 02 August 2015 10:36 Go to next message
trantuananh24hg
Hi everyone,

I am the begginer in MySQL, few days ago, I have received a damaged servers from my colleague, she claimed she did not startup the OS and MySQL database, and she will leave next week. The server and database was belonged to my responsibility. I am very worry, in my ability, I repaired and fix the OS problem, but not perfectly. The hard disk was crash. Only the datafile in MySQL can be taken without any error of block physical file.

So, may you help me to restore the database into another MySQL in another Linux?

Thank you so much!
Re: Restore MySQL database with only datafile [message #640642 is a reply to message #640641] Sun, 02 August 2015 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rc3d
please post a listening what files do you have in your backup. Do you use InnoDB or something other? Post your my.cnf

A restore with binary data files to other host is very simple, use *NIX scp and cp

[Updated on: Sun, 02 August 2015 10:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Restore MySQL database with only datafile [message #641028 is a reply to message #640642] Sun, 09 August 2015 23:18 Go to previous message
trantuananh24hg
Thank you, rc3d.
The above task have done, my company has just a full backup from MySQL in another machine, so, I simply restore from it, instead of restore from single datafile.
Previous Topic: MySQL user connection to database
Next Topic: Application Instantiation Error: Could not connect to MySQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:42:55 CDT 2024