Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Showing message when canvas changing
Showing message when canvas changing [message #538451] Fri, 06 January 2012 02:20 Go to next message
Tomcrzy

Hi everyone,

I am facing one confusion with canvas changing and message displaying issue

i have one login page. in that there are three fields
username,password and department in the department i having 5 departments
including salesandmarketing
______________ etc..
the requirement once i entered every credentials correctly and i am logging in as salesandmarketing. When the salesandmarketing canvas opens a message should display saying "you are successfully entered into sales and marketing".

i have my home page as content canvas and sales and marketing as tab canvas

i need to do the same message when i am entering into 5 departments with corresponding department name in the message end instead of salesandmarketing
is it possible to do with when_new_canvas
please help me to come out from this trouble.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 January 2012 03:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Showing message when canvas changing [message #538487 is a reply to message #538451] Fri, 06 January 2012 09:22 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
No idea at the moment.

However, what do you need that message for? If the form (canvas?) opens, it is more than obvious that user successfully passed credentials verification. Otherwise, he'd never reach that point.

You know, as if you have bunch of keys in your hand and one locked door. You try one key - no success. Another - nope. Third - hey, door is unlocked, you open it and see the message "You have successfully opened the door". Gosh, I know that, I'm not that dumb ...

[Updated on: Fri, 06 January 2012 09:24]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: query-trigger problem
Next Topic: setting list item values
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 07:23:10 CDT 2024