Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » trying to change color in fields in form filled via data block (Oracle Forms 6i)
trying to change color in fields in form filled via data block [message #538211] Wed, 04 January 2012 12:26 Go to next message
VC357
Greetings!

I'm trying to change the attributes on a display where the info is gathered via a routine that fills the data block with info. I've searched and tried using 'set item instance property' in several places within the data block using different triggers but still doesn't work.

What could I possibly be doing wrong? No errors are encountered or shown. Attributes aren't changed based on a small test condition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Vernon
Re: trying to change color in fields in form filled via data block [message #538212 is a reply to message #538211] Wed, 04 January 2012 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You need to tell us the exact code and triggers you are using.
Set item instance property should just work.

Have you got an on-error trigger that's masking errors?
Re: trying to change color in fields in form filled via data block [message #538357 is a reply to message #538212] Thu, 05 January 2012 08:35 Go to previous message
VC357
cookiemonster...

I've resolved my problem by using Set item instance property in the pre text & post text item triggers. It now works. Thanks for your help and concern!

[EDITED by LF: removed unnecessary quote of the whole previous message]

[Updated on: Thu, 05 January 2012 12:49] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Run form 10g debug.
Next Topic: Error While running Oracle Look and feel Template Form - (LAF_TEMPLATE)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 07:20:58 CDT 2024