Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How To insert Column values into text items? (forms6i,win XP)
How To insert Column values into text items? [message #537658] Fri, 30 December 2011 02:07 Go to next message
prudvi.orcl
Hi,
I have created the Textitem with five instances.
i am trying to assign column values to text item through query.
if my table contain one record,it shown in textitems.But if my table contains more records it is showing ora-1422 err.how to solve it.
thnk you
Re: How To insert Column values into text items? [message #537670 is a reply to message #537658] Fri, 30 December 2011 02:56 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I suppose that you are just selecting these values into text items. In Forms, you can't do that - you'll need to use a loop and - after each record has been set - navigate to NEXT_RECORD.

However: why don't you simply base that block on a table (or even a FROM clause)? You'd just have to execute query and all records would be there. Is there any reason you choose that approach?

Also, when you have problems with your code, it would help if you posted that code so that we could see what you did. Debugging an invisible code is kind of a difficult task. Furthermore, just in case you still didn't do that, check Forum Guide and use of [code] tags guide so that your future posts will help us help you in a better manner.
Previous Topic: Consume a webservice and use in Oracle Form Developer 6i
Next Topic: Date increament in Details form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 07:22:34 CDT 2024