Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms 10g (Forms 10g Forms [32 Bit] Version 9.0.4.0.19 (Production))
Forms 10g [message #483588] Tue, 23 November 2010 04:44 Go to next message
ashish_sun123
Hi, I am calling a form whose name is welcome from the menu module. Now there is a button "change password" on the welcome form and I want that when I call the welcome form automatically the change password button should be pressed and which in turn calls a new window for resetting of password.

I am calling the welcome form by using go_form('welcome');

I tried this coding in the menu module.

go_form('welcome');
GO_ITEM('APP_VERSION.RESET_PASSWORD');
show_reset_password;
-----------------------------------
PROCEDURE show_reset_password IS
BEGIN
-- check_parent_entity_queried(GET_APPLICATION_PROPERTY(USERNAME) );
-- check_form_modified;
-- IF :system.record_status = 'NEW' THEN
-- clear_record;
-- END IF;
center_window('win_reset_password');
go_block('reset_password');
clear_block(no_validate);

END;

Kindly help me out ASAP!
Re: Forms 10g [message #483600 is a reply to message #483588] Tue, 23 November 2010 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I think that you can't "automatically push the button", but you can "automatically call the procedure" - do that in WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger.
Re: Forms 10g [message #483651 is a reply to message #483600] Tue, 23 November 2010 21:53 Go to previous message
ashish_sun123
The problem is that the welcome screen is the first form on which the user lands whenever a user logs in to the application. I can't make window reset_password open everytime. Now There is one more trigger in welcome screen which it is when-window-activated which is having a program unit form_title_refresh;

Now is it possible that we can code like :

1) if we can identify that the calling menu is "change password" from the main menu
then we can invoke the show_reset_password program unit.

Since there is no parameter which is being passed from the menu screen then I can't capture , so is thre any way to do this?
Previous Topic: FRM-40735: WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-00932
Next Topic: Ole2 data from database to word document
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 17:16:07 CDT 2024