Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Form layout - top section normal, bottom section tabular
Form layout - top section normal, bottom section tabular [message #481148] Mon, 01 November 2010 04:12 Go to next message
ahazin
Hi guys

I would very much appreciate a little help. Im currently in the process of making a form. What i would like is the following:

For the top of the form i would like a text box and a button, this will simply be populated by a LOV when the user presses the button. Below this LOV i would like my form to take a tabular layout. for example, in the top LOV the user selects a car. The tabs below will consist of service history, previous owners etc. Each of these tabs will consist of a number of text boxes filled with the corresponding data. Now, dependant on what car was selected from the top lov the text boxes will be filled with the appropriate information in relation to that car?

What im wondering is how I could acheive this, where the top half of the page is a single text box + button with tabs below.

basically what i want is the top half to consist of text box whilst below that there are tab pages. Is this possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Form layout - top section normal, bottom section tabular [message #481149 is a reply to message #481148] Mon, 01 November 2010 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahazin
Also, a quick question I forgot to ask. as the top text box is just going to be a LOV therfore a non database item i assume there is no way to make it a master in a master detail relationship with the tab pages below it. As it may be required to make this the master but still just a lov in your experiance how would you acheive this?

Thanks
Re: Form layout - top section normal, bottom section tabular [message #481182 is a reply to message #481149] Mon, 01 November 2010 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Quote:

basically what i want is the top half to consist of text box whilst below that there are tab pages. Is this possible?

Very easy in fact. Have a play with the viewport properties of a tab canvas.

You don't need a master-detail relationship between the top block and the rest. You just need to restrict the query executed in the database blocks based on the value in the text item, either using the block where clause or a pre-query trigger.
Re: Form layout - top section normal, bottom section tabular [message #481286 is a reply to message #481182] Tue, 02 November 2010 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahazin
thanks, Smile ive got the stacked canvas working in my forms and the layout now looks fine in forms, however when i run the form the tab pages at the bottom dont seem to be coming through, i just seem to get the top section of my page.
Re: Form layout - top section normal, bottom section tabular [message #481289 is a reply to message #481286] Tue, 02 November 2010 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Perhaps you didn't SHOW that canvas?
Re: Form layout - top section normal, bottom section tabular [message #481290 is a reply to message #481286] Tue, 02 November 2010 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Why have you got a stacked canvas? You should just need a content canvas and a tab canvas.
Check the raise on entry properties.
Re: Form layout - top section normal, bottom section tabular [message #481293 is a reply to message #481286] Tue, 02 November 2010 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahazin
Ahh, got it, had to put raise on entry on.

Thanks for the help, appreciate it Smile
Re: Form layout - top section normal, bottom section tabular [message #481331 is a reply to message #481293] Tue, 02 November 2010 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahazin
bah, it seems to have dissapeared again even though raise on entry is set to yes, perhaps i changed something elsewhere, not sure why it would have worked before and not now.

Littlefoot is there something i should select to show the canvas so that i can see it at runtime.

thanks again for the help
Re: Form layout - top section normal, bottom section tabular [message #481332 is a reply to message #481331] Tue, 02 November 2010 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Set raise on entry of tab canvas to Yes.
Set raise on entry of content canvas to No.
Stick a show_view command (read up in form builder help) in the when-new-form-instance trigger to be on the safe side.
Get rid of any stacked canvas
Re: Form layout - top section normal, bottom section tabular [message #481336 is a reply to message #481332] Tue, 02 November 2010 09:58 Go to previous message
ahazin
got it, thanks again Smile
Previous Topic: Problem on forms window size
Next Topic: how to connect query??????
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 17:23:50 CDT 2024