Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Need field for user to enter in just the time (forms,10.1.2.3, linux)
Need field for user to enter in just the time [message #444267] Fri, 19 February 2010 17:27 Go to next message
dlwixon
I have a form that the user has to enter a time of an event.

The time entered will most likely be in the past and NOT the current time.

What is the best way to set up a form and a database table for time entry only (exclude the date)?

I have tried datetime on the form with format HH12:MM PM and date on the database.

I have also tried the same with a timestamp on the database.

The time always appears to get entered correctly.

However, the time is always stored as AM regardless of what is specified by the user.
Re: Need field for user to enter in just the time [message #444338 is a reply to message #444267] Sat, 20 February 2010 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Saying that time is correctly saved is a big surprise. Because, "HH12:MM PM" format suggests that you are storing month instead of minutes. Was it a typo?

Did you try with HH24:MI format?
Re: Need field for user to enter in just the time [message #444422 is a reply to message #444338] Sun, 21 February 2010 21:52 Go to previous message
dlwixon
Yes. That was a typo. I meant "HH12:MI PM"

I know I could do HH24:MI but the users are more accustomed to using the HH12 time. They can use the 24-hour time but it's not as natural to them.

However, in the end, I'll probably use the HH24:MI format.
Previous Topic: java.lang.classNotFoundException: oracle.forms.engine.Main
Next Topic: Uploading images in forms (split topic)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 03:51:43 CDT 2024