Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » 2 seconds delay before LOVS (merged 2) (Forms 10g Server:Unix AIX, Client Windows Vista)
2 seconds delay before LOVS (merged 2) [message #436141] Mon, 21 December 2009 16:54 Go to next message
igorcb
We have migrated from forms 6i to forms 10g the system is running ok but some funtionalities are slower in the new version running in a Unix AIX server.

One of the things that are a lot slower in showing the lists of values, in the client-server system they were instantaneous, but in the web system they take 2 seconds to be shown And I'm not talking about LOVS that have slow queries in their Record Groups, but very simple ones.Is that normal?

Something similar happens with navegation between records and between items in the same form they are slower than in 6i, and navegating from one form to the other can take several seconds too.

Is there any way to improve LOV showing speed?

How about navegation?
Re: 2 seconds delay before LOVS (merged 2) [message #437123 is a reply to message #436141] Thu, 31 December 2009 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As you've said that Record Group query, even if very simple, is slow, does it mean that it is slow when run in SQL*Plus too? If so, are those tables properly indexed? Did you analyze tables/indexes after migration?

What are LoV properties set to? How many records do you return (default is 20, I think (don't have Forms here to check by my own))? What happens if you tweak that value a little bit?

The same goes for record navigation - number of fetched records might mean the difference (check data block properties).

[Updated on: Thu, 31 December 2009 02:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 2 seconds delay before LOVS (merged 2) [message #437755 is a reply to message #436141] Tue, 05 January 2010 23:06 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
How are you getting on with your execution times?

David
Previous Topic: Call VB6 from Oracle Form
Next Topic: Form calling proc using putty or plink command line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 02:28:18 CDT 2024