Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » same timing should show message
same timing should show message [message #431259] Mon, 16 November 2009 06:27 Go to next message
laith
i have master -detail database blocks, in the detail i have field (ID) and i have start date for training and for how many days fields in master block.so let say the client has id (1234) take training on 22-nov-2009 for 3 days ...mean finished on 26-nov-2009 between 10:00 till 12:00. if the same client register in an another training in same days like 24-nov-2009 for 5 days from 11:00 till 15:00 (same timing)...should the system give message.
i wrote this code in (when-validate-item trigger) but it is not working ...

when-validate-item
============

begin
SELECT count(*) into :global.dummy
FROM PYPSTSM,PYPSTSD
WHERE PYPSTSD_REF_NO = PYPSTSM_REF_NO
AND PYPSTSD_PARTICIPANT_PIDM = :PYPSTSD_PARTICIPANT_PIDM
AND :PYPSTSM_DATE BETWEEN PYPSTSM_DATE AND (((PYPSTSM_DATE+PYPSTSM_NO_OF_DAYS)-1))
AND (:PYPSTSM_START_TIME BETWEEN (PYPSTSM_START_TIME+(:PYPSTSM_START_TIME-PYPSTSM_START_TIME))
AND (PYPSTSM_START_TIME+(:PYPSTSM_START_TIME-PYPSTSM_END_TIME))
OR :PYPSTSM_END_TIME BETWEEN (PYPSTSM_END_TIME+(:PYPSTSM_END_TIME-PYPSTSM_START_TIME)) AND (PYPSTSM_END_TIME+(:PYPSTSM_END_TIME-PYPSTSM_END_TIME)))
AND PYPSTSD_STATUS_IND ='R';

if :global.dummy >0 then
message('*ERROR* this person has registered an another Training.');
message('*ERROR* this person has registered an another Training.');
RAISE FORM_TRIGGER_FAILURE;
end if;
end;
Re: same timing should show message [message #431284 is a reply to message #431259] Mon, 16 November 2009 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
Before doing anything else I suggest you simplify the current query, becuase this:
(PYPSTSM_START_TIME+(:PYPSTSM_START_TIME-PYPSTSM_START_TIME)) 
is equal to:
:PYPSTSM_START_TIME

And this:
(PYPSTSM_END_TIME+(:PYPSTSM_END_TIME-PYPSTSM_END_TIME))
is equal to:
:PYPSTSM_END_TIME
Re: same timing should show message [message #431286 is a reply to message #431259] Mon, 16 November 2009 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
laith
still give me message when i enter the same time of another training and give me same massage when i enter same client with different timing. thank you for your reply
Re: same timing should show message [message #431297 is a reply to message #431259] Mon, 16 November 2009 09:15 Go to previous message
cookiemonster
I'm sure it does. I asked you to simplify the code to make it easier to see what the problem was.
Take your query, replace :PYPSTSM_START_TIME, PYPSTSM_START_TIME, PYPSTSM_END_TIME and PYPSTSM_END_TIME with the actual values from the db and the datablock and run it in sqlplus. The problem should become obvious.
Previous Topic: how to check all customer numbers by checking select all check box in forms
Next Topic: ora-06508 error while using client_text_io.fopen()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:26:54 CDT 2024