Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms migration (6i to 10g) on linux using JDAPI
Forms migration (6i to 10g) on linux using JDAPI [message #427566] Fri, 23 October 2009 04:59 Go to next message
dark_laguna
Hello.

Since no information is available on the internet about the specific problem that I have stumbled upon using JDAPI, I would be happy if somebody has some information.

So, Im using JDAPI to migrate from 6i to 10g. Windows local migration is finished(at least the forms part), and works ok, as far as I can tell.

However, migrating to linux is another story. Using JDAPI I fixed most of the primary problems(case sensitive names, etc.).

I can compile libraries and menus on linux and they work fine.

But, for some reason the forms wont compile. Why? Dont know. The "solution" is to reattach the libraries manually. Then the forms compile and work.

However, there lies the problem. When I use JDAPI to do this "automaticly" there is no effect. Using Java, I managed to delete all the attached libraries. Then the next part is to attach them.

So, the part with attaching libs is not working for some reason.

library.destroy() stops the iterator, and library.detach() is buggy. So I found a snippet somewhere where the idea is to delete the AttachedLibrary objects themselves:

JdapiIterator libraries = v_form.getAttachedLibraries();
                        libraries.goStart();

while (libraries.hasNext()) {
                            AttachedLibrary lib = (AttachedLibrary) libraries.next();

try {
                                //lib.destroy();	//Doesnt work

libraries.remove();

}
                            catch (Exception e) {
                                //Some exception
                            }
                        }

This works! And yes, I have replaced the libs from the forms location(registry). However, the problem remains. New libs are in the forms, they are lowercase, but linux compiling doesnt work.

Im using frmcmp_batch.sh to compile the forms.

So, any ideas?

[Updated on: Fri, 23 October 2009 05:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Forms migration (6i to 10g) on linux using JDAPI [message #427916 is a reply to message #427566] Mon, 26 October 2009 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dark_laguna
Anyone? Sad
Re: Forms migration (6i to 10g) on linux using JDAPI [message #428199 is a reply to message #427916] Tue, 27 October 2009 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dark_laguna
It seems that I somehow missed Win_API package from one of the libraries.

The strange thing was that the library was compiled on linux without error, but had a missing package specification when compiled.

So when I started compiling the forms it was compiling without the package specification! Not sure if this was the complete problem, but Ill post when the problem is fully resolved.
Re: Forms migration (6i to 10g) on linux using JDAPI [message #429388 is a reply to message #427566] Tue, 03 November 2009 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dark_laguna
My bad... Seems like there was one library that actually had a lowercase problem. Embarassed
Re: Forms migration (6i to 10g) on linux using JDAPI [message #432194 is a reply to message #429388] Sun, 22 November 2009 23:12 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sorry for a late reply. Does www.amis.nl/files/technology/PracticalJDAPIpaper.doc offer you anything?

David

[Updated on: Sun, 22 November 2009 23:16]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: BI Publisher and Forms integration
Next Topic: Get the status of a unix script in Oracle forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 04:21:47 CDT 2024