Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » From Shuts down after entering username, password and database (Forms 6i)
From Shuts down after entering username, password and database [message #421529] Wed, 09 September 2009 01:34 Go to next message
Derek N
I setup a shortcut icon on my desktop. Click the icon and logon block that prompts me for my user name, password and database appears. I enter the correct details and the application automatically closes. Checked the version of forms on my pc and it's all correct. What can cause this problem? Other users are fine logging in.

Re: From Shuts down after entering username, password and database [message #421970 is a reply to message #421529] Sat, 12 September 2009 10:45 Go to previous message
Kevin Meade
most likely cause is an installation problem. For example, in windows, your PATH variable might be causing you to reference an old or incorrect DLL. Or, there is a corruption of some file and you need to reinstall.

Check your "system logs" for errors.

Try putting the oracle related directories to the front of your PATH variable.

Uninstall Oracle as per the "clean machine" instructions they give, and then reinstall.

Good luck, Kevin
Previous Topic: Problem while installing Oracle forms 10g- Checking Swab Space
Next Topic: Invoking mail from Forms 6i by user login
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 06:33:48 CDT 2024