Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Barcode reader not jump to next line (forms 6i, oracle 10G database)
Barcode reader not jump to next line [message #417283] Thu, 06 August 2009 23:30 Go to next message
vikasg2006
Hi,
In my oracle forms 6i, I am entering data using barcode scanner. For me it automatically goes to next line as soon as i scan first item . But for client , he has to press enter key then only it goes to next line. Why it not goes to next line. Is anything related to barcode scanner model/type, or any other setting required so that it automatically goes to next line after scan

vikas
Re: Barcode reader not jump to next line [message #417305 is a reply to message #417283] Fri, 07 August 2009 02:02 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Do you run the same form on both locations? If so, then I guess that form isn't to be blamed. This item's "Automatic skip" property is (or should be) set to "Yes" so that cursor is automatically moved to next navigable item as soon as barcode reader fills the last character of the current item.

Therefore, can you check barcode reader's properties (such as "Auto enter" on our Unitech MS336 2D image scanner)?

/forum/fa/6653/0/
Previous Topic: Function keys is not working.
Next Topic: go_view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:43:58 CDT 2024