Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » forms 10g is slower than forms 6i (forms 10g)
forms 10g is slower than forms 6i [message #416416] Sat, 01 August 2009 19:02 Go to next message
nastyjillu
Hi, my client has migrated from forms 6i to 10g. end users are complaining that the new version is too slow compared to old version.

we got 4 OAS servers and have load balancer. even though its slow.

is 10g usually slower than 6i ??? what makes 10g slower then 6i ???
i know its web deployed and 3 tier architecture. but what i thought is latest version should be more advantageous than the old version. but this is too slow to work.

can i know how to improve then performance of 10 forms??

and also what are the factors that make new version slow???

thanks
jillu
Re: forms 10g is slower than forms 6i [message #416470 is a reply to message #416416] Mon, 03 August 2009 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Did you migrate the database? What is the performance at the database level? Are all forms slow or just some of them? What is the difference is size between the old servers and the new? Have a look at the Application Server forum for 'performance'. have you changed network carrier between the two versions? Can you run both versions at the same time across the same network? Put a sniffer (search this site for threads or google it) on the line and see what it says.

Search metalink.

Did you triple the memory on your servers going from 6i to 9i/10g? You will need to.

David
Re: forms 10g is slower than forms 6i [message #417386 is a reply to message #416470] Fri, 07 August 2009 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nastyjillu
all forms are not slow. few forms which are huge are slow and forms which need approval takes long time to approve.

is java making 10g slower??

we got more memory, 4 OAS servers. even though its slow

thanks jillu
Re: forms 10g is slower than forms 6i [message #417489 is a reply to message #417386] Sun, 09 August 2009 20:04 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I repeat: "Did you migrate the database? What is the performance at the database level? What is the difference is size between the old servers and the new? Have you changed network carrier between the two versions? Can you run both versions at the same time across the same network? Did you triple the memory on your servers going from 6i to 9i/10g?"

What size in K do you classify a form as 'huge'? What does 'approval' mean?

Of course java is slower, that's why computer suppliers market it! If it was faster they couldn't sell bigger hardware!

More memory = 2 times or 3 times or 4 times the previous memory size?

David
Previous Topic: Oracle developer 6 run on Windows Vista
Next Topic: frm-40501
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:54:07 CDT 2024