Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Radio_button for null values
icon5.gif  Radio_button for null values [message #414459] Wed, 22 July 2009 04:42 Go to next message
rhl23
Hii,
I have created block for table1 . Then added another column with number data type to dat table in the database. This new column defines 3-different attitudes(eg-poor,good,excellence).
I have created 3 radio buttons within a group assigning them with the 3 attitudes of new columns.
I have set the properties of them as follows :
- Radio Button1: - value - 1
- Radio button2: - value - 2
- Radio button3: - value - 3
- Radio group : - Datatype - NUMBER
- column name - new_column(eg)
- Mapping of other value property - kept blank
After this when i am executing the query it wont execute.
--(1) Then I change the value of one of the 3-button's & kept it blank.... (e.g-- Radio Button1 - left blank)
--- Then the query is executing ...but

--(2) Then I also tried another way --- i.e instead of altering the value of one button out of 3 I created 1 additional button and its value i kept to null ...
(eg - radio_button4 - value - left blank)
The result is that the query is executing ....

----Now I want to know which method is the preferable one....coz if i use method no.(1) then it will change the button's origional value of -1 ....
Please guide me in this context--
Re: Radio_button for null values [message #414460 is a reply to message #414459] Wed, 22 July 2009 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shahzaib_4vip@hotmail.com
Whats your form Version ?

Regards

Shahzaib ismail
Re: Radio_button for null values [message #414531 is a reply to message #414460] Wed, 22 July 2009 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rhl23
my form version is 9i.
plzz do replyy me.
Re: Radio_button for null values [message #414673 is a reply to message #414531] Thu, 23 July 2009 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
In Forms Builder, go to 'Mapping of Other Values' and press F1. The Usage Notes say:
Quote:
- Leave this property blank to indicate that other values are not allowed for this item or radio group. Any queried record that contains a value other than the user-defined element value is silently rejected. Any attempt to assign an other value is disallowed.
- Any value you specify must evaluate to one of the following references: the value associated with one of the list elements or radio groups the name (not the label) of one of the list elements
David
Re: Radio_button for null values [message #414810 is a reply to message #414673] Thu, 23 July 2009 10:33 Go to previous message
rhl23
Thank you david, it helps me...
It really works and i dnt need to change the value of my radio_button 1 . I have just assign mapping of other values as the "name" of radio_button 1 & query executed & record returns..
Thank a lottt...
Previous Topic: save trigger not working
Next Topic: How can we Check two text item string correct or not ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:57:07 CDT 2024