Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Problem in creating shortcut on the desktop of client computer (ORACLE 8i and Form 6)
Problem in creating shortcut on the desktop of client computer [message #413972] Sun, 19 July 2009 23:09 Go to next message
mkhalil
Dear Fellow,

I am experiencing for the first time on a client/server enviornment.

I have installed Oracle 8i and form 6 on the server in drive C: and also placed folder of application which I have already developed in the above Oracle product.

Then I have installed only form6 in client computer and wish to run the application from client which have already been placed in server.

I have created a shortcut on the desktop of cleint computer and specify the location of item on server.

Now when i click the shortcut the form fmx run but give an error message that menu file not found whereas the menu file which have been attached whith the form is already exist in the same folder. I have tried my level best but could not solve this problem.

Would any gentleman help me in this regard?

Thanks

Muhammad Khalil
Re: Problem in creating shortcut on the desktop of client computer [message #413976 is a reply to message #413972] Sun, 19 July 2009 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blaxmi
Hi,
Check the path given in the properties of fmxrun file.
so that you can understand where exactly you are facing the problem.

bye
Re: Problem in creating shortcut on the desktop of client computer [message #413978 is a reply to message #413976] Mon, 20 July 2009 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkhalil
Thanks blaxmi for so quick response.
I have checked the path in the property of the form. It is correct.

Khalil
Re: Problem in creating shortcut on the desktop of client computer [message #414063 is a reply to message #413972] Mon, 20 July 2009 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
itech

If you map a drive to your software folder in server

say z:\ ==> \\server_name\c$\software_files\

u'll need the administrator [type] password.

then on desktop

1)right click ==> new ==> shortcut
2)type ifrun60.exe
3)next & finish;

open the properties of the new shortcut, in target add this after a space from ifrun60.exe

module=z:\first_form.fmx

in start in path type z:\

now run the form and u're menus, forms will be loaded.

there are also several other alternate ways to accomplish this task.

dont hesitate to contact for further assistance.
Re: Problem in creating shortcut on the desktop of client computer [message #414082 is a reply to message #413972] Mon, 20 July 2009 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blaxmi
hi,

i hope this will solve your problem.
Re: Problem in creating shortcut on the desktop of client computer [message #414088 is a reply to message #414063] Mon, 20 July 2009 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkhalil
Thanks a lot for so informative response.

But i don't understand that where I should enter this say z:\ ==> \\server_name\c$\software_files\
Would you guide me in this regard.

Muhammad Khalil
Re: Problem in creating shortcut on the desktop of client computer [message #414115 is a reply to message #414088] Mon, 20 July 2009 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
itech

mkhalil wrote on Mon, 20 July 2009 16:11
Thanks a lot for so informative response.

But i don't understand that where I should enter this say z:\ ==> \\server_name\c$\software_files\
Would you guide me in this regard.

Muhammad Khalil

open my computer, click tools and then click map a network drive. follow the wizard.
Re: Problem in creating shortcut on the desktop of client computer [message #414124 is a reply to message #414115] Mon, 20 July 2009 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkhalil
Thanks a lot. I have main folder hms and this contain further folders like admin and admin contain accounts.

Now i have map the drive as z:\==>\\server_name\hms.

then on client computer when i open the properties of shortcut and like to enter in start in path as z:\ and apply. A message appear on the screen as

"The folder 'z:\' specidied in the start in box is not valid. Make sure that the folder exists and that the path is correct.
Re: Problem in creating shortcut on the desktop of client computer [message #414133 is a reply to message #414124] Mon, 20 July 2009 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
itech

mkhalil wrote on Mon, 20 July 2009 17:50
Thanks a lot. I have main folder hms and this contain further folders like admin and admin contain accounts.

Now i have map the drive as z:\==>\\server_name\hms.

then on client computer when i open the properties of shortcut and like to enter in start in path as z:\ and apply. A message appear on the screen as

"The folder 'z:\' specidied in the start in box is not valid. Make sure that the folder exists and that the path is correct.

Make sure your z drive is correctly mapped.
try to open the z drive from my computer, it might ask you to re enter the password. u can also make windows remember your password.
Re: Problem in creating shortcut on the desktop of client computer [message #414280 is a reply to message #414133] Tue, 21 July 2009 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkhalil
z:\ ==> \\server_name\c$\software_files\
you have mention c$ which i didnot understand and \software_files\ is it mean the main folder of the application or all files.
Re: Problem in creating shortcut on the desktop of client computer [message #414658 is a reply to message #413972] Thu, 23 July 2009 02:06 Go to previous message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Can you 'see' the forms and menues on the server via the explorer on the PC?

David
Previous Topic: Good Example for Dynamically populate third list based on first and Second
Next Topic: Maximize explorer at runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 09:57:35 CDT 2024